Monday 14 November 2011

Day 1 – London to… somewhere over Siberia


Five in the morning is no time to be getting out of bed unless you are a miner or a milkman, it's certainly no time to start your holiday. 

After a three hour wait at Heathrow I was in the air just long enough to be thrown a complimentary can of Heineken, a cheese roll and a duty free brochure of toy windmills before I was on the ground again for another four hour wait. By the time I boarded the flight to Tokyo I had been travelling for 9 hours and was just leaving Amsterdam, I could have walked there faster.

Much to my delight KLM showed one of my favourite films, Blazing Saddles, as part of it's classic movies season, however, due to the more politically correct times we now live in, they had decided to remove any joke that could be construed as racist, sexist or derogatory. It lasted about 20 minutes.

The day ended with the plane somewhere over Russia. It wasn't a very eventful day.

No comments: