Wednesday 3 March 2010

Day 88 – Rio


I am fast running out of things that I actually want to do in Rio – at least things that do not involve a four hour bus ride – which is why I find myself at The Botanical Gardens. Unimaginative as this sounds it does include, among the more than 7,000 varieties of plants from around the world, examples of the now endangered pau-brasil tree, which means nothing to me but it was what my guide book said and filled out this paragraph nicely.


Sud América Street Snack League © – Adding to the ranks of Brazilian legends such as Pele, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho is the Cheese and ham Pasty – this snack is so good it could win them the World Cup. The England team equivalent would be the Pizza in a Cone which is a hideous cone of pastry filled with melted cheese.


1. Cheese and ham pasty – $1.00

2. Spicy pasty – $1.00

3. Spicy chicken Empanada – $0.60

4. Fried meat and plantain balls with a shredded salad – $1.50

5. Beef, salami and plantain kebab – $0.75

No comments: