Wednesday 3 March 2010

Day 90 – Rio to Atlanta


The end is nigh and the weather bloody awful, so whilst I sit in Rio airport awaiting a ten hour flight to Atlanta, I will dish out the much-anticipated awards for my time in Brazil, by far the friendliest place visited:


Best hostel – Sofitel (Sao Paulo) – Not sure you would call this place a hostel, but you know what I mean.

Best activity – Carnival – More sequins, feathers and high heels than a night out on Old Compton Street.

Best meal – Sofitel (Sao Paulo) – Brunch buffet, I can't write any more as I just might start salivating on the keyboard.

Best snack – Cheese and Ham pasty – In a country of star cheese-oriented street snacks this shines brightest.

Best beer – Bohemia – A perfect accompaniment to the aforementioned Cheese and Ham pasty.


No comments: