Sunday 4 December 2011

Day 21 – Osaka


Due to the Osaka hotel room shortage I am forced to move to another hotel a couple of streets away, annoyingly I cannot check in until 4pm. The silver lining is that as I have stayed at the Toyoko Inn chain for ten nights they are giving me tonight for free – I almost regret taking all those complimentary sachets of green tea now. Almost.

I spend the day visiting Osaka City Museum followed by Osaka Castle – which looks splendid surrounded by the changing colours of the Autumnal red, green and yellow trees.

In the evening I visit the main shopping area and see why Osaka was bombed so extensively during the World War II as the amount of light bulbs on display must have been visible from Washington. We have another Okonomiyaki which is quickly becoming the only food we eat in Japan.

No comments: