Sunday 11 December 2011

Day 28 – Tokyo to London


I refrained my usual last-day tradition of giving away all my old clothes to the poor street kids, as there are no poor street kids and the idea of any kid wanting to accept a five-year-old Sisters Of Mercy t-shirt is just absurd.

So that's it for another trip, Japan is fantastic, I would urge you to go or at the very least write to your local member of parliament and ask him why everything is so shit where you live. If you do go, make sure you fill your suitcase with melons which at over £100 a go will certainly have you staying in the more luxurious hotels.

My final train ride to the airport was eventful to say the least. Just after leaving central station an 8.9 magnitude earthquake hit Tokyo. Amidst the chaos and confusion, the train track buckled throwing our carriage off the raised lines, through the air, and into the side of a building that was engulfed in flames. As I struggled to free myself and Ciara from the wreckage the flames and smoke began to overwhelmed me, in the next instant a thirty-metre tsunami hit the city and swept our battered carriage into Tokyo harbour and into the grip of a whirlpool. As I slowly sank into the abyss an enormous explosion of water heralded the arrival of Godzilla who snatched me from my seat and swallowed me and my laptop, hence the delay in this last post.

Did it?

No. It was pleasant, left on time and I had a nice cup of tea.

Sayonara.


No comments: