Saturday 15 December 2007

Day 6 – Banff to Jasper


Our last morning in Banff was spent at the Hot Springs. which was superb, The walk to the pools make you turn a shade of blue that would be enough to pass a screen test for a Smurf movie but jump into the water for 40 degree luxury. However, you are then stuck in the predicament of having to get out and freeze you chaps off or just die happy in the hot springs. It was when I asked the life guard if he would mind bringing me some food and a drink that he got a mood on and threatened to start charging me rent if I stayed much longer that I reluctantly moved on.

Later in the afternoon we took a 4 hour bus ride North to Jasper. We waited 45 minutes for it to turn up by which time my toes had long since stopped responding. 'Are you cold in the back' asked the driver, 'No mate it's perfect back here - IF WE WANT TO MAKE ICE CUBES – TURN THE FUCKING HEATER ON!'

We found a great place to stay in Jasper called The Bears Den – hot enough to boil a monkeys bum, 100's of DVDs, all the comforts of home. My love affair with the snow is starting to whither.

No comments: