Thursday 31 December 2009

Day 29 – Huarez


Feeling far more refreshed than yesterday, I mustered enough strength – it is seriously hard to breathe up here – to try and get some information from the dozen trekking companies and hundreds of shysters around town. After some negotiation and quite a considerable amount of time, the fella caught on that I didn't want to spend $300 on a walk 'I don't care if they carry my bags, cook my breakfast and scrub my pants, I'm not paying it'.


No thanks not even the $100 one. $12 you say? Done. That only took 2 hours.


Feeling far less refreshed than I was two hours ago I headed for the thermal baths of Monterrey and the promise of "The perfect way to recover after an ardous day'. As the water was the colour of a well made gravy it did diminish the effect slightly – I always like to at least see below my waist when in a pool of water. Still it was a good way to spend the afternoon.


Sud América Gut Rot League © – All change at the top as I have discovered a fine porter, paradoxically called Polar, and a cheeky little number called Cristal which is the best beer I have had by far.


1. Cristal

2. Pilsen Polar

3. Franca

4. Cusqueña Negra

5. Conquer

No comments: