Tuesday 25 January 2011

Day 23 – Playa Larga to Havana


I bid hasta la vista to the beach and say hola to the last bus of my trip that will take me back to Havana. I have booked a couple of nights in a casa that is located on the fourteenth floor of a tower block giving me great views of the city skyline from one window and the ocean from the other.

Cubans like ice cream. So much in fact, that the locals think nothing of queuing for over an hour to get a scoop from the national chain Coppelia, since my arrival here I have never been past an outlet that doesn't have a throng of punters outside. Tonight my luck was in and there was no one waiting, probably helped my the fact this particular outlet is huge. After a short contemplation I went for strawberry (as it was the only flavour they had) paid my 3p – yes 3p – and sat back to enjoy. It wasn't bad, but queuing for an hour? I think not. I would give someone 6p and get them to queue for me in future.

Cuban Beer League
A last minute entry into the beer league.

1. Bucanero
2. Bucanero Max – A stronger version of Bucanero, the upside being you would need to drink less of it to get drunk, the downside it is horrible.
3. Cristal
4. Cacique
5. Mayabe

No comments: