Friday 11 January 2008

Day 33 – Xian


We arrived at Xian station at 9am and are immediately mobbed by a stampede of touts, we get dragged to a succession of bad rooms and finally (unable to shake the leech off) we accept one.

It has got significantly colder here (the gloves are out again) but we spend a leisurely day visiting The Bell Tower – which you will not be surprised to hear contains a huge set of bells followed by The Drum Tower – which contains a huge set of drums. My search for The Tits Tower was to prove futile.

We watched a fantastic show by Chinese drummers and a rather dull one by Chinese bell ringers – although I did have a splendid pot of Jasmine tea whilst the bell-ringers strutted their stuff.

At dinner in the evening. I must admit I was slightly repulsed by the thought of 'Black Fungus in Vinegar', however, as I continued with the menu it only got worse, 'Dunkey Meat' leaving me with a sense of both confusion and nausea but it was the 'Chicken Clutches' that finally had me running for the door.

No comments: