Friday 11 January 2008

Day 34 – Xian


Trying to get a bowl of rice in China can be hard work - especially if you are in a pet shop. So trying to get to The Army of the Terracota Warriors which is over an hour away by bus was going to be a challenge, luckily we found a bus which said 'Xian to Terracota Warriors Bus' on the front so I didn't have to point to the picture I had.

The Warriors were bloody fantastic - but that goes without saying, so I won't.

I can't begin to describe the amount of cheap souvenir tat that was on sale there, everything from small wooden warriors to big jade warriors. OK, it wasn't exactly a wide selection but if you were after building an army - especially one of varying sizes and materials you would be in pigs heaven.

1 comment:

AlBuck said...

Bowl of rice is easy - Plain boiled is No. 25. If you want Egg Fried Rice, 24, but I prefer Shredded Roast Pork Fried Rice No. 21a.
'S'easy!