Wednesday 3 February 2010

Day 58 – La Paz


A week in the jungle and a starring role in Death Race 2010 was quite enough excitement for anyone, so I decided to relax for the day with the only pressing matter being the refund for our flight tickets. Having been in South America a while now I have come to realise that getting something simple like an extra slice of cheese for breakfast is akin to asking Osama Bin Laden to pop on a tutu, so the thought of trying to extricate £100 from our tour operator was a daunting one. To enter the office and be greeted like returning heroes whilst hearing 'You must be here for your refund, let me get it for you' was really quite staggering.


Would you like that in Terrorist Black or Islamic Green Mr Bin Laden?


In the afternoon I took my clothes for a well deserved and long overdue outing to the laundry, the owners face fell as she grasped the enormity of the task ahead and it sank in that she would be working a late one that night.


No comments: