Thursday 25 February 2010

Day 85 – Rio


Having tried for over two hours to find a full English breakfast (always the black pudding that was missing) I have reluctantly abandoned my short lived plan to be a typical British tourist and decided to visited Christ the Redeemer instead. A fine, fine statue and one I thoroughly enjoyed if only for the amusement of watching dozens of tourists throw their arms out in the same pose. A brilliant visual gag, I think you will agree.


I am starting to feel very, very comfortable and relaxed in the apartment, no more hotels, no more buses, no more wake-up calls and I suppose the copious amounts of Rum, pineapple juice and coconut is helping too.


Pina Colada's and Johnny Cash, not the most symbiotic of partnerships, but well worth a try.


No comments: