Thursday 25 February 2010

Day 83 – Rio


What can you do after only four hours sleep? Very little is the answer.


The most taxing thing I did today was read a tourist information leaflet outlining the best ways to enjoy a trip to Rio. My favorite tip was the nugget of wisdom that suggested 'Dress as a local', this seemed an innocuous and helpful hint until I read further and the author explained that no local would be seen dead wearing a pair of board shorts, and therefore to decrease the risk of being robbed, a wise purchase would be a pair of Speedos. Whilst it may be true that Brazilian men do love a pair of budgie smugglers I think I would rather be mugged.


Sud América Street Snack League © – I discovered a strange scotch egg like thing in a bakery today, upon biting it I discovered it was full of chicken and not very nice – it is not often you pine for a Scotch Egg.


1. Spicy pasty – $1.00

2. Spicy chicken Empanada – $0.60

3. Fried meat and plantain balls with a shredded salad – $1.50

4. Beef, salami and plantain kebab – $0.75

5. Plantain and cheese fritter – $1.00

No comments: