Saturday 20 February 2010

Day 72 – Iguazu Falls


After abseiling out of my bedroom down three metres to ground level and breakfast I took a short bus ride to Iguaza Falls which forms part of the border between Brazil and Argentina. Once again the sun is not so much smiling as grinning like a psychotic heat beast and within minutes of leaving the shade of the hostel I am drenched in sweat and praying for rain or clouds or wind or anything to cool me down – I feel like a lizard in a sauna.


The falls are a fantastic site and I could easily bore the hair off your head with amazing facts about the amount of water that falls over them, their height, length etc. but quite frankly in this heat I am struggling to do much more than take the foil top off my morning yogurt so I can't be bothered to look up any. You will have to make do with a photo and the promise that they are very, very impressive.


No comments: