Monday 18 January 2010

Day 41 – Cusco


I have to be honest and say that the first thing I really noticed about Cusco was not the clear mountain air or even the enormous Inka walls, it was the magnificent cobbled streets or more precisely the huge amount of dog poo that is deposited on them. I now not only have to be vigilant for muggers but by the threat of being bespattered from below.


I spent the morning looking around the town but as it was a Sunday almost all of the shops, and a great deal of the bars and restaurants were closed, by the afternoon the meanest looking cloud I have seen in some time had started throwing down cats and dogs (which won't help the problems with the poo) and I was forced to take refuge in a local bar. Then another. Then another.


The rain was torrential and relentless and eventually required the purchase of a poncho from a street kid to get home without drowning.


Sud América Gut Rot League © – Cusco Coco Leaf Beer a drink so bad that I couldn't drink it, luckily Ciara was on hand to down my pint in about five seconds – but that was due to the chili she had inadvertently just eaten.


1. Cristal

2. Pilsen Polar

3. Franca

4. Cusqueña Negra

5. Conquer

No comments: