Tuesday 19 January 2010

Day 47 – Cusco


As we didn't arrive back into Cusco until 1am rather than the promised 9pm so what I really needed was a good sleep and a long lie-in. I suppose I should have told the cleaners, perhaps I did, PERHAPS, they didn't understand my accent and thought that what I actually said was 'Please put the radio on at 6am, I realise it is on the first floor and you are working on the fourth so be my guest and turn it up as loud as possible'.


After four days of being drenched at every opportunity that mother nature could find I felt I deserved a day of doing nothing but watching football and relaxing, so I did.


In the evening another blow was struck against any wishes I may have to become friends with Heather Mills as I feasted on the Peruvian National dish of a delicious oven roasted cuy or to use it's more common western name a lovely cuddly guinea pig. I finished the day by catching up with some of the people from our trek in Paddy's authentic Irish bar – they sold Guinness which is much more authentic than it usually gets around here.


1 comment:

Popz and Sam said...

Richard, please tell me you did not actually eat that dish!!!!