Monday 18 January 2010

Day 45 – Trek to Machu Picchu


As bad hostels go, last night's ranked amongst the worst I have encountered and certainly the worst I have stayed in on this trip. The blaring Peruvian disco music until the early hours was bad enough, but I considered myself lucky that it was mostly drowned out by the torrential rain that beat down on the metal roof for the entire night. The real clencher was the insect farms that I discovered the proprietor to be cultivating in a number of beds around the place which has left me with bites over my face, back and legs.


Scratching like a street dog with a personal flea circus, I set off for the day's planned six hour walk. The morning was uneventful and not nearly as interesting as yesterday but as I closed in on Agua Calientes the rain once again started to fall heavily. I reached the town late afternoon and after discarding my sodden clothes realised that I no longer had any dry clothes but only a choice of drenched, sodden or wet.


Is this fun or what?

1 comment:

Popz and Sam said...

what is that animal - he is gorgeous x